What You'll Need
- 1 - loaf Original King's Hawaiian Round Bread
- 3 - eggs, beaten
- 1/2 - cup milk
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 - cup sugar
- 1/8 - teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 - teaspoon nutmeg
- powdered sugar or syrup
How to Make It
- Slice the Kings Hawaiian bread into 1 - inch thick slices - then cut each slice of bread in half. Lay the bread slices flat on a baking sheet for 4 hours or overnight to dry out (overnight is best).
- Beat the eggs until smooth; add the milk and vanilla and blend; Add baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; blend until the sugar dissolves.
- Preheat slightly a buttered pan or griddle. Lightly dip each piece of bread into the batter making sure not to over soak.
- Place bread on pan - stirring batter between dipping. Turn with spatula when golden brown. Serve with butter and powdered sugar or use syrup.